“I just wanted to say thank you for somehow getting my mind out of the “diet culture” space. Something about your positive attitude and outlook just resonates with me.” -Kayla
Mom, wife and entrepreneur.
I created Functional Mamas after having my second baby. I didn’t have time to sneak off to the gym anymore but I knew how important exercise was for my physical and mental health.
I figured if this was something I was struggling with, other mamas probably were too.
With a degree in Exercise science and a diploma in Nutrition, I knew I could create something of value.
“THIS PAST MONTH OF WORKOUTS HAS BEEN EXACTLY WHAT I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR, I AM NOW JUST OVER A YEAR POSTPARTUM AND I’VE STRUGGLED TO FIND A FITNESS ROUTINE THAT I WANT TO STICK WITH OR THAT KEEPS ME GOING – THIS HAS BEEN IT!- MICAELA
Time is not something we have very much of as mamas! That is why Functional Mamas is a program you can do from home!
The only equipment needed is a pair of dumbbells!
All of your workouts are delivered through the TrueCoach app making it easy for you to track results and contact your coach!
What does it INCLUDE?
- Minimum 5 workouts per week delivered through the app
- Quarterly webinars on topics you want to learn about (Intuitive eating, gut health, understanding your cycle etc..)
- Bi-Monthly Nutrition and Fitness Challenges
- Specialized Programs that you can add on to your regular workouts (5km training plan, extra core etc..)
- A private Facebook group where you can chat with like-minded mamas.
“I’M SO PROUD OF WHAT IVE ACCOMPLISHED THIS PAST MONTH! MY MENTAL STATE ON THE DAYS I WORKOUT IS FANTASTIC, AND WHEN I DON”T DO IT I MISS IT. MY FAVOURITE THING I HAVE LEARNED IS THAT REST DAYS NOW FEEL PRODUCTIVE, NOT LAZY. PATIENCE AND CONSISTENCY ARE PAYING OFF AND I CAN FEEL IT ALREADY. – JEANNETTE
- This program is broken down into 3 levels. Level 1 is for beginners, level 2 for intermediate and level 3 for advanced. Level 2 is always posted with notes for how to alter the workout to a level 1 or level 3.
- The only equipment needed is a pair of dumbbells. If you are a beginner I recommend 10lb dumbbells but if you are intermediate, or advanced, you may want to have a couple pairs of varying weight.
- The goal of the Facebook group is to build a community of women who want better than what current diet culture has to offer. While weightloss may be talked about, our focus here is to help you build a healthy body that contributes to better function in your everyday life.