In December of 2018 I had my first baby, Alice. Ive been training for something or another since I was 11 years old. I ran half marathons, triathlon, competed in CrossFit and ran for my University x-country team. I LOVE physical exercise, so much so I went to school for Exercise Science and later a diploma in nutrition. During my pregnancy I thought “This will be no big deal, I will just bring her to the gym with me.” HA HA HA.
I think I took my fussy baby to the gym a total of 3x before deciding it was not going to work. I remember feeling depressed that I wouldn’t have the gym environment that I enjoyed so much. So instead I muddled through a combination of walks, runs, garage workouts at my parents and some home workouts. It was hard because I wasn’t following a particular program. I had looked at some of the offers on the internet, but anything mom focused seemed hyper focused on helping moms “bounce back” with extremely low calorie diets and excessive cardio.
I was craving community but also a fitness plan that would fit into to the very little free time that I had.
Fast forward to May 6th/2021, my second baby, Barry, is born. I’m back to thinking about my recovery and how I’m going to continue my fitness journey with two small children. Once again I looked online but only found programs that were targeting womens postpartum vulnerabilities, I didn’t want any part in that.
I knew I could create something better. Functional Mamas was created from my own struggle. Functional Mamas is a program designed by a mom for moms.
What does a FM Monthly Membership include?
- 5 weekly workouts that take less than 30 minutes to complete. Delivered via the TrueCoach app where you can track your workouts and your progress.
- A members Facebook group where you can ask questions and connect with other like-minded mamas.
- Weekly emails that contain new recipes and fitness/nutrition tips.
- Quarterly webinars on a topic that you vote for!
- Fun fitness and nutrition challenges to help keep you motivated.
What does it cost?
$50+tax per month
- This program is broken down into 3 levels. Level 1 is for beginners, level 2 for intermediate and level 3 for advanced. Level 2 is always posted with notes for how to alter the workout to a level 1 or level 3.
- The only equipment needed is a pair of dumbbells. If you are a beginner I recommend 10lb dumbbells but if you are intermediate, or advanced, you may want to have a couple pairs of varying weight.
- The goal of the Facebook group is to build a community of women who want better than what current diet culture has to offer. While weightloss may be talked about, our focus here is to help you build a healthy body that contributes to better function in your everyday life.