I’ve realized over the past year and a half that many people don’t fully understand what a Nutritionist does, or at least what this Nutritionist does. I thought I would take the time today to share with you what my services look like.
First lets start with some assumptions many people make about Nutritionists in general:
- A Nutritionist will expect me to change everything about my diet
- A Nutritionist will make me feel guilty about what I eat
- A Nutritionist won’t understand my struggle with food addiction
- A Nutritionist will give me a meal plan and then expect me to follow it perfectly
- A Nutritionist won’t understand how busy my life is
- A Nutritionist is just a waste of money
What I really do as a Nutritionist:
- A good Nutritionist will meet you where you are at on your health journey
- A good Nutritionist will provide the knowledge that you need to make informed food choices
- A good Nutritionist will help you understand your food cravings and not make you fell guilty
- A Nutritionist will suggest changes to your diet that are maintainable
- A Nutritionist will develop a plan that fits with your busy schedule
- A Nutritionist will put extra time and energy outside of the consultation to write a unique individualized plan for YOU
At the initial consultation I want to get to know YOU! I want you to tell me about your family and your job. I know change is scary and I will not recommend more change than you are ready for. I’ll ask you for general information like health history and current dietary habits. I’ll ask you to bring a food diary that has 3-7 days of your regular eating habits written down so we can go through it together and look for easy swaps. I’ll ask you what your goals are and WHY they are your goals. I also want to know your likes and dislikes when it comes to food.
I will take all this information home with me and research anything I may not be familiar with. From there I will develop a success plan that is uniquely yours. This is not a meal plan! A success plans includes maintainable nutrition and lifestyle changes. If there is a lot of work to be done I will suggest 1-3 goals to focus on until our next session.
Follow Up Sessions
A follow up session is when we assess what is or isn’t working. If your not progressing then we need to take a look at ways to get you moving in the right direction. Follow up sessions also ensure that you have someone to be accountable to. At the follow up session we will revaluate your goals and set new ones for the next few weeks!
It’s Not Magic
I am not wizard, I can’t wave my magic wand and make your dill pickle chip cravings disappear, but if your willing to try then I can help you be successful. Your body and health are yours, there is nobody on earth like you. That is the #1 reason that I don’t promote meal plans, I offer them on the side for those who want them but believe most people are more successful with a lifestyle change rather than a strict schedule to follow.
Investing in your health now will save you time and money in the future. Too often we wait until we have a serious health problem before seeking help. Don’t wait, pursue your best health now!
Do you have more question related to my services? You can check them out here or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be happy to answer them.
Eat Your Veggies ❤