Chef Aryanna is at it again! This time she put her skills to the test and came up with this delicious Paleo Cinnamon Bun recipe!
You will need
1 3/4 cup tapioca Flour or Arrow root flour
1/4 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup coconut Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder 1/4 cup coconut oil
3 Tbs Almond milk with vanilla
1/3 cup coconut Cream from canned coconut milk.
2 tsp Maple Syrup
50 dates puréed in 1 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup for bottom of pan.
1. Mix Almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix coconut oil, almond milk, coconut cream and maple syrup with a whisk until smooth.
3. Add dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
4. Purée dates with water until smooth with a few chunks. Then add Cinnamon to date and mix in.
5. Roll out: spread plastic wrap on counter top. Sprinkle tapioca Flour on plastic wrap. Sit dough on plastic wrap and sprinkle tapioca Flour on dough to help with it not sticking. Roll out till a 1/4 of an inch thick and spread date puree on top.
6. Roll dough into a log shaped pastry. Cut out 9 – 12 buns. Put parchment in bottom of pan. Pour maple syrup into bottom of pan. Doughs texture will be very soft, it will improve as it bakes.
7. If buns don’t fit the whole pan you can put aluminum foil in the space where there is no bun to help them cook evenly. 8. Bake at 350 for 35minutes
Enjoy your treat!
Aryanna and Charity <3